Friday, October 19, 2012

Awards! Liebster, Versatile, and Laine

Okay so in the past few months I've gotten three awards, one of them twice.... lol.  Some of them I got like months ago, but my main problem is that I never have the time to go and find the blogs to tag.  I'm gonna cheat and not tag people! I will answer all questions and I will do 11 facts. I really just don't feel that I have any real authority to do so, and I'm not sure how it really works. Awards I have received include the Liebster award, both by In-the-Red-Nails, and Packer Lacquer; the Versatile blog by Jamegackie, and the Laine Award by Addicted to OPI-yum.  Thank you guys so much!  I feel kind of accomplished for a who has only been blogging for four months.  I especially thank all my followers, and the comments.  I am mostly doing this to let you guys know how awesome you are, but tagging people is long and, I'm not sure if people have them or just  don't want to do all this.  I'm also aware that technically I don't have the award unless I tag peeps, but whatever.  I know that my blog is still kind of developing, and I hope for bigger and better in my blog :)


Okay first off for Packer Lacquer's questions:

1. What is your go-to, can’t live without, beauty product?
My go to beauty product is eyeliner and mascara at the moment, and of course nail polish!
2. What is the most you have ever spent on one bottle of nail polish?

The most I've ever spent on a bottle of nail polish is $14 on butter london... I can't really afford to buy a lot of bottles of Chanel or etc.
3. What is the last book you read?

The last book I read was Emily the Strange:Stranger and Stranger... odd I know, but I don't really have time to read at the moment and technically I've read some comic books since.
4. What is your favorite dessert?

My favorite dessert is Tiramisu, soooo good.
5. Name a guilty pleasure.

Um I all the super like teen shows I watch... I'm way too much of a fan of Pretty Little Liars and Glee.
6. How did you get started blogging?

I had been thinking about it because I was doing some really intricate nail art and wanted more than just my friends and randoms on pinterest to see it, and thus my blog was born!
7. What is the story behind the name of your blog?

The name kind of just came with the blog I guess. I really like the term polishaholic, but well yeah that was already taken.  I should of named is Nail Polish Anonymous... my family has started to tell me I'm addicted lol.
8. If you could take the vacation of a lifetime, where would you go?

If I could go anywhere, I think I'd just want to go to England.  I would be able to speak in English and well a lot of stuff I love comes from across the pond.
9. Who is the 1 beauty personality, living or not, you would die to meet?

I think I'd die if I got to meet any major creator of a nail polish company, like Essie.
10. What is your Sunday lounge outfit?

My favorite Sunday lounge outfit is normally just a pair of comfy jeans and a nerdy tee.
11. What is your favorite beverage?

My favorite beverage is a mocha chip frappucino... so good!

Okay now for the questions asked from me by In-the-Red Nails:

  1. Why did you decide to start a blog? Number 6 above
  2. How did you choose the name for your blog? Number 7 above
  3. What's the one beauty product you can't live without? Number 1 above
  4. Skinny jeans or boot-cut? Maybe neither? Skinny jeans for the look, boot cut for comfort
  5. Heels or flats? Lol my answer is very similar to above, Heels to look cute, flats for comfort.
  6. Cats or puppies? Um I like cats better than dogs, but I'm allergic to them.  I like puppies but then they grow into dogs, which I kinda disliked.  Not really a animal person, sorry.
  7. What's the best meal you've ever had? So my dad used to be a chef and he's just awesome at cooking, so maybe this awesome pan fried chicken pasta I remember him making for me when I was still in like elementary school
  8. What's your favorite genre of music, who's your favorite artist? My favorite music is normally pop, but I like A LOT of music, so my favorite artist is kinda hard, at the moment I would say Florence and the Machine or The Killers.
  9. What do you like to do for fun? I love to do my nails of course!
  10. What inspires you? Um I guess things that I just feel impowered by, like a line in a song or  meaningful quote.  People don't normally just inspire me.
  11. If you could go anywhere, where would it be?  Number 8 above.
Okay and now for the Laine award questions from Addicted to Opi-yum

1. Q: What is my current beauty obsession?
My current beauty obsession is awesome glitter polishes.
2. Q: What is the one beauty item I wish I owned?
My honest answer is an amazing indie, I just can't really order things off the interwebs, so my collection is cut off from the amazingness that is Enchanted Polish, and A-England.
3. Q: What is my favorite post to read or write about?
I love swatches for collections, and new nail design ideas.
4. Q: What inspired me to become a blogger?
Okay this is gonna sound terrible, I had never been to Ulta until sometime around halloween last year.  I wasn't allowed to wear makeup at the time(my dad's rule, I can now) and nail polish was like the only thing I could wear.  So this whole new world of nail polish opened up to me, and I felt like I could further be involved by writing.
5. Q: What are you wearing on your nails right now? 
I am currently wearing an attempted sugar spun mani with a base of China Glaze Naked, and then Mint Sorbet and Mint apple sugary goodness... more on that soon.

Okay now for facts that you probably don't know about me:
1)  I'm part Filipino and part Caucasian
2) I'm a total nerd, love the Doctor Who, Star Wars, and lots of other incriminating geeky things... but not anime or manga or video games(althought I'm kind of open about all that)
3) I can't ride a bike
4) I love art and getting to be super creative
5) I might actually be hipster clothing wise secretively, I love all the vintage flower prints and most of Urban Outfitters clothes(even if their prices are crazy)
6) I love tea and coffee pretty equally
7) I am one of the shyest people ever if you are a stranger, and I tend to ct like super awkwardly
8) My favorite lotion is the Milk and Honey Burt's Bees stuff, it's amazing smelling and a great moisturizer
9) I have never won a giveaway, and I have always felt unlucky in that area, I normally assume I'm not gonna win
10) I won't eat burgers at any fast food establishment except for Cook-out, and Five Guys.
11) I kind of think cherry coke is amazing but I drink a lot of water.

Again I apologize for not tagging people, and thank you guys so much!  Have a good weekend






No comments:

Post a Comment